[rabbitmq-discuss] WCF .net problems

kecke info at travo.se
Fri Jan 18 15:18:02 GMT 2013

We are trying to run with rabbitmq instead of msmq, due to the size limit in
msmq of 4mb per message.But we have some problems.1. We want the queues
messages to be persistant(e.g - if rabbitmq service is stopped and restarted
the messages will still be in queue). Is there any way to do this(e.g set
deliverymode=2) in the app.config in  or  or somewhere else? 2. We want
durable queues. We found in this messagelist a post about that, and the
trick was to change this on line 152 in
rabbitmq.servicemodel.rabbitmqinputchannelBefore: string queue =
m_model.QueueDeclare();After: string queue =
m_model.QueueDeclare(base.LocalAddress.Uri.AbsolutePath, true, false, false,
null); ...we then got durable queues. This couldnt be done in any other
way?3. We want the client(which in our case is a WCF-service) to post a
message to the queue and then forget(and be sure that sometime in the future
the message will be delivered), so we have oneway="true" in our app.configs.
The consumer is also a WCF-service. If we stop the rabbitmq server, then our
services get an error - like its always connected to RabbitMQ. Is there a
way in the app.config to tell the services we have to only connect when
messages is delivered or retrieved?4. It seems that the messages isn't
consumed one by one-it seems that it gets them all att once? Is there a way
to tell service to fetch them one by one?5. Please check our app.config
below and if something needs to be changed we are very greatful for any
input. For example, bigger messages(like 20mb) seem to not be consumed, just
disapears from queue.The clients app config: