[rabbitmq-discuss] no function clause matching amqp_network_connection:handle_message

Gotthard, Petr Petr.Gotthard at Honeywell.com
Fri Jan 18 15:14:26 GMT 2013

Hello,
when an Erlang client 2.8.7 connection is closed by force (by calling gen_tcp:close) we are getting the following message

gen_server <0.331.0> terminated with reason: no function clause matching amqp_network_connection:handle_message({'EXIT',#Port<0.6672>,normal}, {state,#Port<0.6672>,5,<0.335.0>,131072,undefined,false}) line 57

According to the source codes the 'EXIT' message is really not handled in amqp_network_connection. Could this be a bug, or did we do something wrong?

Note we cannot call amqp_connection:close because the link is dead at that moment. We only want to close the connection without waiting for the heartbeats to discover the link is inactive.

Thanks,
Petr