[rabbitmq-discuss] ANN Bunny 0.9.0.pre6 is released

PJ wamrewam at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 16 11:05:36 GMT 2013

Hi Michael,

First of all: this is a fantastic addition. Thank you so much.

Just one thing though: is network failure recovery supposed to work with
q.pop as well? The reason I am asking is I can't get it to work. I modified
slightly one of your examples:

require 'bunny'

broker = Bunny.new
broker.start
channel = broker.create_channel
exchange = channel.default_exchange

loop do
  sleep 2
  puts "Tick"

  q = channel.queue("foo")
  delivery_info, properties, payload = q.pop

end

If you run the script and stop the RabbitMQ server while the script is
executing, the script hangs on q.pop.
If you then restart the server, the script will pass the q.pop once, then
hang again and nothing happens anymore.

Is this expected?

Thanks a lot
PJ