[rabbitmq-discuss] Server restart and now Rabbit's behaving strangely?!

Eric Carmichael insolence9 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 02:59:58 GMT 2013

Hey guys, first of all I'll just say I don't know a lot about RabbitMQ.  I
had it working from a few weeks ago and it has been working fine.

Now when I try to start the server, the startup log says:

BOOT FAILED
===========
Error description:
   {error,corrupt_cluster_status_files,[]}
Log files (may contain more information):
   /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit at server1.log
   /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit at server1-sasl.log
Stack trace:
   [{rabbit_node_monitor,'-prepare_cluster_status_files/0-fun-0-',1},
    {rabbit_node_monitor,prepare_cluster_status_files,0},
    {rabbit,'-boot/0-fun-1-',0},
    {rabbit,start_it,1},
    {init,start_it,1},
    {init,start_em,1}]
{"init terminating in
do_boot",{rabbit,failure_during_boot,{error,corrupt_cluster_status_files,[]}}}

I've been Googling my little hands off, trying to find out what's wrong.  I
don't even think I did any special configuration for RabbitMQ so I can't
find any specific configuration files aside from
"/etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf" which seems to do its own thing.

Anyone have a clue what went wrong?  If not, what are the steps to
uninstalling + reinstalling RabbitMQ?