[rabbitmq-discuss] new channels constantly being opened

frank.ritchie at dealer.com frank.ritchie at dealer.com
Fri Jan 11 15:10:30 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I am troubleshooting an issue where new channels are constantly being
opened until rabbitmq reaches it's memory limit.

The connection is not dropping as the client TCP port is static (it does
change if I manually disconnect the connection).

I am not a developer, just a system administrator. What can I do to gain
some insight as to what might be happening.

This is only happening for a pair of email servers using rabbitmq.
Connections opened by others servers do not exhibit this behavior. When
there is only 1 email server there is no issue (or at least it is not seen).

I am using rabbitmq 2.5.1-1.

Thanks,
Frank