[rabbitmq-discuss] fanout Exchanges

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jan 11 10:10:54 GMT 2013

On 11/01/13 05:01, PSL 88506 wrote:
>  1) Topic exchange is primary and fanout is secondary.

I assume you consider the exchange that publishers send to as the
primary and the exchange bound to the primary as the secondary. Yes
rabbit supports this. The secondary exchange will need to bind with a
sensible routing key and it is possible to achieve an equivalent effect
if consumers bind to the primary exchange with the same routing key.

> 2) One primary fanout exchange and multiple(N) secondary exchanges
> wherein N-1 are secondary  exchanges are topic and only one secondary
> exchange is fanout.

This is a supported topology, though I can't think of any good reasons
for the secondary fanout exchange.

-Emile