[rabbitmq-discuss] "Load balancing" queue creation

Adam Rabung adamrabung at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 13:24:42 GMT 2013

Hello,
After reading this<http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2012-January/017297.html>and
this<http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/Are-queues-replicated-across-a-cluster-td4670.html>,
I understand that connecting to random nodes of a cluster does not really
help spread the processing cost across all of the nodes - processing
happens in the master (and slaves), regardless of what node I connect to.

Does this suggest that I should take great care of what node I connect to
when _creating_ a queue? If I use
ConnectionFactory.newConnection(Address[]) with the same array each time,
won't a majority of queues be created on the first node of that array,
creating a load balance problem? This scenario assumes we mirror only to a
subset of nodes.

Thank you,
Adam