[rabbitmq-discuss] Publisher confirms

Chris Duncan chris.d at frugalit.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 14:35:17 GMT 2013

Hi,

I'm testing publisher confirms and am not seeing any acks from my RabbitMQ
server in response to my basic.publish calls. I'm monitoring communications
with Wireshark and the following appears to be happening when my publisher
script runs:

1. Normal connection messages are sent and received. Both Connection.Start
and Connection.Start-Ok show that the capabilities table contains
publisher_confirms.
2. Confirm.Select and Confirm.Select-Ok are sent and received.
3. Basic.Publish is sent and the message appears in the target queue,
however, I do not observe any message coming back from the server. I
expected to see a Basic.Ack.

I'm using RabbitMQ 3.0.1, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit, Erlang R14B04. My
exchange and queue are both durable and the message that I'm sending is
persistent.

I'm wondering whether my expectations are correct or not. If my
expectations are correct, is there something that I've failed to do?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris