[rabbitmq-discuss] .NET client with 0-9-1 protocol is sending the AMQP 0-8 header

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jan 8 09:42:54 GMT 2013

Petr,

On 08/01/13 08:14, Gotthard, Petr wrote:
> However, the .NET client (by default, but also when 0-9-1 is set
> explicitly) sends "AMQP 0x01 0x01 0x09 0x01", which is a protocol
> header for AMQP 0-8
> (http://www.rabbitmq.com/resources/specs/amqp0-8.pdf). I believe this
> is wrong.
>
> How shall I prove it? ;-) Attached is a Wireshark screenshot from
> Erlang and .NET communication.

If you look carefully, you'll see it is actually sending 0x01 0x01 0x00
0x09, which is the protocol header for AMQP 0-9.

So we were both wrong :)

I have filed a bug.

In practical terms this doesn't matter as long as the client is talking
to rabbit since rabbit will happily accept 0-9 connections and treat
them as 0-9-1. The wire format is backward compatible between the
versions so a genuine 0-9 client can connect too.

Regards,

Matthias.