[rabbitmq-discuss] .NET client: intermittentAlreadyClosedException - connected host has failed to respond

Chen, Bin Bin.Chen at kla-tencor.com
Fri Jan 4 19:05:07 GMT 2013

Hi Matthias,

I've been tracing the AlreadyClosedException problem in my system
recently.
In my case, the AlreadyClosedException is originally caused by the error
"Frame received for invalid channel xxx".

I read the .NET client code. When the main loop of ConnectionBase
receives a frame of an unknown session,
an ChannelErrorException exception is thrown with the error message "
received for invalid channel xxx".

Because of that exception, the whole connection is shut down.

My questions are:

1) Why could "Frame received for invalid channel ???" error happen?
   My client code always uses Close() to close a Model.
   Is this a bug in server side?

2) Can we add a property in ConnectionBase to allow ignoring the above
"Frame received for invalid channel xxx" error?
   A single bad frame should not ruin the whole connection.

Regards,
Bin Chen