[rabbitmq-discuss] 3.02 numerous log error reports

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Feb 25 11:53:20 GMT 2013

On 25/02/2013 11:46AM, Anton Lebedevich wrote:
> Is it possible to check rabbitmq aliveness from haproxy without spamming
> logs with these error reports?
>
> Haproxy can do http checks, but it can't supply user/password needed for
> api/aliveness-test.

Of course /api/aliveness-test is not the only HTTP thing you can do to
check for aliveness. It tries to be reasonably comprehensive in making
sure the broker can really process some AMQP commands - but if we're
comparing to HAProxy just opening a port and then closing it again, it
would be reasonable just to make a "dumb" HTTP request, like requesting
the web UI's index.html page - which is not password protected in 3.x.

Cheers, Simon