[rabbitmq-discuss] RE : RE : test of a existing queue

Gary Russell grussell at vmware.com
Sat Feb 23 15:43:14 GMT 2013

You make a valid point about not putting this on RabbitAdmin, but I don't think it belongs on RabbitTemplate either; maybe a new utility class would be better. But I agree with the general concept of making this easier (that's what Spring's all about, after all).

The fact that the queue on the template is only used for receive() is consistent with the AMQP model. We don't send messages to queues, we send them to exchanges, the fact that the default exchange happens to route with a key that is the queue name is not relevant.

As Matthias said, we should move this discussion to the Spring-AMQP forum.

Regarding your sizing question, you should ask that in another thread, because it is not in my bailiwick.