[rabbitmq-discuss] I can't visit http://localhost:15672

Ben Lovell benjamin.lovell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 09:57:41 GMT 2013

On 21 February 2013 09:30, Michael Klishin <michael.s.klishin at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2013/2/21 <534411790 at 163.com>
>
> The rabbitm-server had been started .but when I Enter the
>> http://localhost:15672 .tips: error to connect the web. however i retry
>> ,it can't work.I need help.
>>

> Did you enable the management plugin (that Web UI is part of)?
>
> Run this on the command line: rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management,
> restart RabbitMQ and try again.
> --
> MK
>
> http://github.com/michaelklishin
> http://twitter.com/michaelklishin

I've come across this several times recently when our developers are
installing rabbit and getting started. For some reason the management
plugin, although definitely enabled does not start on that port. You can
access it on 55672, however. There was never a clash or anything else
listening on the regular management port so I just put it down to
experience.

Cheers,
Ben