[rabbitmq-discuss] Performance of many binding keys on a single queue

Jonathan jhalterman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 20:56:42 GMT 2013

I'm curious about the impact of having many (hundreds or thousands) of
binding keys on a single queue. Can I expect messages to still be routed to
the queue in more or less constant time? Does it depend on the exchange
type (topic versus direct)? I was thinking that routing in a direct
exchange at least might be constant time since no wildcard matching is
needed and might involve a simple hash lookup.

Thanks,
Jonathan