[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-auth-backend-ldap patch adding caching and subtree searches

Gavin M. Roy gmr at meetme.com
Thu Feb 14 01:35:10 GMT 2013

Hi all,

Attached to this email is a patch that refactors rabbitmq-auth-backend-ldap a bit to allow it to use subtree searches and it caches the connection to the LDAP server. Would anyone on the RabbitMQ team be so kind as to code-review it and offer suggestions on how it can be improved for possible inclusion in Rabbit?

My fork is on Github as well https://github.com/gmr/rabbitmq-auth-backend-ldap if anyone wants to offer feedback or try it out.

I ran the tests against the current tip version and my version and they pass and fail at the same spots, which I'm assuming is a good thing.

Regards,

Gavin