[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ blocking issue

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Feb 12 20:05:55 GMT 2013

Peter,

On 12/02/13 19:58, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> [rabbitmqctl report] So there are 7 connections here
>
>> RabbitMQ Netstat [...]
> But why does this only show three connections?
> [...]
> So I think something went wrong with the server-side netstat report.

I figured out what happened...

Your broker is clustered. The 'rabbitmqctl report' shows connections
across the cluster - if you look carefully you'll see that the 'host'
column has entries for two different IP addresses.

But the 'netstat' command was only run on one of the nodes.
Unfortunately the blocked connection we are interested in went to the
other node.

So next time, please run the netstat report on both server nodes.

Regards,

Matthias.