[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit start up error

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Feb 7 18:16:26 GMT 2013

Liz,

On 07/02/13 18:00, Elizabeth Liao wrote:
> We're currently running RabbitMQ 2.8.6 (hopefully upgrading to 3.0.x
> soon) and sometimes we have an issue where the rabbitmq-server
> doesn't start up properly.  An edited startup_log is attached. The
> only way that we've found to recover from this is to delete both the
> queues and the msg_store_persistent directory under MNESIA_BASE.  Any
> help would be appreciated!

We've seen the odd report of this issue but so far have been unable to
track it down. If you can get us a copy of the MNESIA_BASE dir when you
see the above error then that might help us isolate the problem.

Did the server by any chance suffer any catastrophic faults, e.g. power
outages? Or is your MNESIA_BASE dir NFS-mounted?

Regards,

Matthias.