[rabbitmq-discuss] Round robin Topic exchange s

Marc Teichtahl marc at teichtahl.com
Thu Feb 7 15:28:02 GMT 2013

Simon

Thanks for the considered reply.

We could go with your assumption

"If the number of routing keys is limited and topic wildcards are not
needed then you could just have one queue per routing key and have
consumers consume from all the queues they are interested in, and the
built in round robin would work for you."

If we use a non-wildcard key then perhaps the topic exchange could
look more like a set of direct of direct exchanges. This way the
existing round robin mechanisms could be used. In fact, I may have
misunderstood but doesn't the current topic exchange work like that ?

Marc

Sent from my iPhone