[rabbitmq-discuss] Send message to queue

Bernhard Mogens Ege bme at saseco.dk
Wed Feb 6 11:01:15 GMT 2013

I am looking at the SimpleRPCClient/server and the documentation of the ReplyTo field and I am puzzled by the apparent possibility to publish directly to a queue with BasicPublish. BasicPublish (according to documentation) takes an exchangename and a routing key and sends the message. But for some reason, putting a queuename into the routing key field apparently works. Is this normal behavior and if so, where is it documented?

Also, if I use BasicPublish and EventingBasicConsumer, can I use the ReplyTo field as I see fit, i.e. the API doesn't act on the contents of the ReplyTo field?

Thanks,

Bernhard