[rabbitmq-discuss] Is it error?

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Tue Feb 5 09:48:15 GMT 2013

On 4 Feb 2013, at 18:31, Тимур wrote:

> I found strange behavior in some case. What i do:
>
> 1. Connect to server
> 2. Open channel with name is '1'

Channel's don't have *name* property, so I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

> 3. Declare queue with passive = 1

Does the queue already exist, or are you trying to create it here?

> And after that i try declare queue with passive = 0 if i receive 404 error in third step. Receive error like 'Declare Exchange: Resource temporary unavailable'. Is it actual behavior?

From http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-reference.html#queue.declare.passive

"bit passive
 If set, the server will reply with Declare-Ok if the queue already exists with the same name, and raise an error if not."

So you would end up with a channel error if the queue doesn't already exit and will need to open a new channel. If that's the case, then it's likely the behaviour you're seeing is consistent but the client error is confusing. The 404 channel error means "The client attempted to work with a server entity that does not exist".

Cheers,
Tim