[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Producer Flow Control

Aaron Blew aaronblew at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:48:35 GMT 2013

Hey Simon,
Thanks for getting back to me.  After upgrading to 2.8.7 I'm still unable
to flow messages in to the head node faster than 4,000/sec while the
consumer is working.  I appreciate that flow control is trying to prevent
the server from being over-run, but in some situations it would be very
beneficial for an administrator to override this behavior.  Are there any
plans to add this kind of behavior?  I'm currently seriously considering a
switch to ActiveMQ/stomp since it gives me the knobs to tweak this behavior
both in real time and via configuration.

Thanks!
-Aaron