[rabbitmq-discuss] Shovel from a user with a Password with @ symbol

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Feb 4 17:51:33 GMT 2013

URL encode it: amqp://user:p%40ssw0rd@hostname

>   Additionally, any thoughts to storing the password in an encrypted
> format instead of the plaintext that it is right now?

If it was symmetrically encrypted then you'd need to store the
encryption key with it :-)

But you can use public key encryption - if you set up a bunch of SSL
certs you can have clients authenticated by their client certificates, see:

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-auth-mechanism-ssl/file/rabbitmq_v3_0_2/README

and then specify auth_mechanism=external in URIs and you no longer need
a password. (Hmm, the docs for that should be... more findable.)

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware