[rabbitmq-discuss] why a flowing Connection can make all Connection blocked

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Feb 1 10:41:42 GMT 2013

On 01/02/13 01:44, andy lin wrote:
> <http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/file/n24811/ss.jpg>
> the connection is in the state of flowing ,as far as I know, the state can
> only influence one connection,but when it occur,my all connection can't
> receive and send message .So it looks like that the rabbitmq server can't
> work.

The flow control you show there will only restrict one connection at a
time, yes. Note that in general per-connection flow control should not
block for long periods of time, it should be more of a rate-limiting thing.

If you are seeing all connections block, has the memory or disk alarm
gone off? See http://www.rabbitmq.com/memory.html

> <http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/file/n24811/333.jpg>
>
> in the picture ,you can see no message will be received , so I doubt that
> the phenomenon doesn't fit the rabbitmq flow mechanism and why?

I can't tell what that picture is intended to show.

> Also ,I have a question that if producer and consumer use a common flowing
> connection,it means the consumer are  controlled too ,that is  to say , the
> consumer can't receive message any more?

Yes. So in general you should use different connections for sending and
receiving messages.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen