[rabbitmq-discuss] Cluster capability?

Paul Bell arachweb at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 18:22:40 GMT 2013

Hi Michael,

I think we're close to the answer I need in order to think about this more
clearly. So, if I have two HA clusters connected via Shovel and I want to
publish a message that will be propagated not only to the local nodes in
the cluster, but also across the Shovel to all of the nodes in the remote
cluster, to where must I publish?

Can my component simply publish to any exchange on its node, or must it
publish twice, once to any exchange on its node and again to a "special"
exchange which represents one end of the Shovel? (I don't really mean "any"
exchange; just trying to make a distinction between a local exchange I've
defined and which is mirrored across the local cluster, and what I suppose
to be a different exchange that is one end of the Shovel. I may be way out
of my depth in making this distinction).

I will look at exchange confederation as you suggest.

Thanks for your help.

-Paul