[rabbitmq-discuss] Where is list of users stored?

Neha Kansal kansalneha28 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 16 20:12:30 GMT 2013

Just to follow up on this - I found the reason why users werent getting copied over. The users table is stored in a directory (under mnesia) that is named based on the machine name. So when a server snapshot is taken to create a new server, rabbit creates a new directory under mnesia for that server.

On Friday, November 22, 2013 11:02 AM, Emile Joubert <emile at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

Hi,

On 22/11/13 17:47, Neha Kansal wrote:

> I would like to know where is the list of users stored by RabbitMQ.

Users are stored in the Mnesia database, in the rabbit_user table.  You
can find the list of users by running "rabbitmqctl list_users". Make
sure the broker is shutdown cleanly before making copies of the database
folder.

-Emile