[rabbitmq-discuss] Why is the "select" always getting timed out in consumer?

kingsmasher1 raj.kumar.sanpui at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 16:46:45 GMT 2013

Hi Alan,

For the purpose of the POC, we are creating the queue ourselves and
publishing the messages, but in the real application, the queue will be
already present and created by a backend (Java), and we have to just go
ahead and consume in the frontend (which is in C/C++) based on the
availability of messages in queue, and spawn a thread for consuming each
messages of queue for fast processing.

In betwn. before trying the other consume method (with timeout you
suggested) i thght to give it a last go and i just bind my queue, right
after creation, and i can see the messages getting persisted, i removed the
O_NOBLOCK option too, but still it gets timedout.

Any hint.

Thanks,
Raj