[rabbitmq-discuss] Why is the "select" always getting timed out in consumer?

kingsmasher1 raj.kumar.sanpui at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 15:29:44 GMT 2013

We are actually using amqp_basic_consume(  ).
I see the difference between them:
https://github.com/alanxz/rabbitmq-c/issues/37

Thus, to check indeed there are any messages in the queue, i will have to
keep on calling basic.get in a loop, that's as good as a blocking call like,
basic.consume

[Regarding your earlier reply about select( ), the file descriptor becomes
readable when, if there are any messages in the queue, right?]

The best is:
Do we have any API which can just check how many (or if there is any)
message in the queue?