[rabbitmq-discuss] Why is the "select" always getting timed out in consumer?

kingsmasher1 raj.kumar.sanpui at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 14:34:13 GMT 2013

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply.
I have a queue created, with specific exchanges and routing key.

One of my threads, in the program goes ahead and publishes the data in the
queue, the main function tries to see, if there is any data available in the
queue, (which can be consumed).

That's what the above function does.
If i remove the above function, and directly fire the publishers and the
consumers, everything works fine, which shows that data is indeed published
to the queue which can be consumed.

But still for some reason, the above function always times out.

Thanks,