[rabbitmq-discuss] cluster crash when setting ha-mode=nodes

carlhoerberg carl.hoerberg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 07:26:25 GMT 2013

Set ha-mode=nodes on a all of vhosts, from ha-mode=all, to gracefully remove
a node. All queues failover successfully, but then /api/overview stopped
working, nor could we issue rabbitmqctl cluster_status. Tried to stop the
node we were rotating out, it didn't respond. Had to "kill" it after a
couple of minutes. Node 1 and 2 still doesn't respond, tries to issue "sudo
rabbitmqctl eval 'application:stop(rabbitmq_management).'" on node 1,
successfully, but on node 2 it just hangs..

Kills node2, node1 rabbitmq_mgmt starts, but still can't query
/api/overview. Kills node1 too, on start up we get a lot of "home node
'rabbit at lemur03' of durable queue 'celery' in vhost 'shycoqhj' is down or
inaccessible", but lemur03 shouldn't be master for any queue anymore!

RabbitMQ 3.2.1, Erlang R16B01