[rabbitmq-discuss] Load Balancing the ssl support in RabbitMQ.

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue Dec 10 21:08:15 GMT 2013

On 11 Dec 2013, at 00:54, k.madnani84 <k.madnani84 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to enhance my configuration and provide ssl support in rabbitMQ.Will
> the configuration for HAProxy remain same with only change in the
> Hostname:sslPort in server section.

It depends whether you want connections from HAproxy to RabbitMQ be non-encrypted
(SSL termination) or not (SSL pass through).

SSL termination with HAproxy is definitely possible but will require version 1.5 (marked as development).
Brief research suggests that SSL pass through with HAproxy is at least not widely used and/or documented.

MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ