[rabbitmq-discuss] .NET Client - Subscription Bug

Jonathan Oliver jonathan.s.oliver42 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 18:48:35 GMT 2013

One thing I've noticed about the high-level "Subscription" implementation
is that when the underlying model (channel) is disposed/closed, the
instance of the subscription remains blissfully unaware of closed/aborted
state of the model.  Is this expected behavior, or should the subscription
throw some kind of AlreadyClosedException or perhaps
OperationInterruptedException, etc.?

I have attached a small sample application that uses the client and shows
both behaviors--the current behavior, and how the behavior might be
different.

This bug isn't critical because it can easily be worked around, but it can
be problematic for those working with the Subscription pattern.