[rabbitmq-discuss] Cannot federate exchanges in the default vhost

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Dec 3 16:50:30 GMT 2013

On 03/12/13 16:46, Duncan McIntyre wrote:
> It's odd that the error message on the upstream says the vhost is called
> ''. I tried adding an extra slash to the federation-upstream connection
> details, but that is rejected as invalid.

amqp://server     -> default vhost, usually "/"
amqp://server/    -> vhost called "" - probably not what you want
amqp://server//   -> invalid URL
amqp://server/%2f -> explicitly use vhost "/"

The combination of the default vhost being called "/" in the AMQP spec
and the rules for formatting URLs are not exactly what I'd call a
marriage made in heaven :-(

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen