[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Admin Monitoring not showing live numbers?

Christopher Lefevre CLefevre at Transparent.com
Tue Dec 3 15:33:26 GMT 2013

We have been using RabbitMQ for a couple of years at this point, but only recently started looking into the RabbitMQ Admin monitoring. We've looked at the queues to see when something has died completely and there are several thousand messages stuck in queue, but the actual throughput of a Queue we weren't looking at previously.

In one of our recent integration tests, we are sending through a large number of messages ( 100's to 1000's ) per minute, and with 20 consumers, all of the data is being properly routed and processed. However, the monitor for the queue is showing 0 messages Queued ( Which is not surprising, as they are taken off immediately? ) but also the transfer rates, and messages per second are also all showing 0.

We can see the consumers active on the queue, and it is the only queue that we are using for that test.

For reference we're using the latest version of RabbitMQ 3.2.1, with the rabbitMQ Client jar for Java.

Thank you for your time,
-Christopher Lefevre
The information contained in this electronic message and any attached document(s) is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipients named above. This message may be confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately by telephone (603) 262-6300 or by electronic mail immediately. Thank you.