[rabbitmq-discuss] Atomic nature of sending a message to an exchange with multiple bindings of queues

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Tue Dec 3 08:18:19 GMT 2013

There are no atomicity guarantees around exchanges publishing to queues in the AMQP specification, nor does RabbitMQ make any specific claims about this. If you want your clients to know when messages have been successfully routed, then consider using publisher confirms (http://www.rabbitmq.com/confirms.html), or transactions. Note that RabbitMQ provides limited atomicity guarantees even under transactional use - see http://www.rabbitmq.com/semantics.html for further details.

Cheers,
Tim