[rabbitmq-discuss] How to check for unack message and how long it's been idle

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Mon Dec 2 22:01:27 GMT 2013

On 3 Dec 2013, at 01:13, cw storm <cwstorm at gmail.com> wrote:

>  If the message has been idle for a certain amount of time, I would like to "recover" or "requeue" it so it can be back to ready status to be consume again.  Is this possible?

If by “idle” you mean “how long ago a message was delivered”, then no, there is no way to track this
for individual messages.

You can, however, set the timestamp property when messages are published and/or track delivery time in
your consumers. This may be sufficient for detecting messages that take too long to process.

MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ