[rabbitmq-discuss] Help trying to figure it out a Connection Shutdown

Marcos Torres marcos.torres at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 14:02:42 GMT 2013

Hi there,

I'm having some problems with a connection shutdown.

This is the scenario:

1 connection
200+ channels open from the connection mentioned above.

- Some of  those connections are created by a publisher and are closed
after finished publishing.
- The rest are consumer channels, and I have a timeout (using Rx) that
closed a channels after the channel is idle after 300 secs.

This is working so far, but from time my connection closes unexpectedly:

Connection shutdown.* Reason: End of stream. Args: Initiator : Library
ReplyCode : 0  ReplyText : End of stream  ClassId : 0  MethodId : 0  Cause
:    Message : Heartbeat missing with heartbeat == 600 seconds  Data : ...
InnerException : null  TargetSite : null  StackTrace : null  HelpLink :
null  Source : null  HResult : -2147024858  *

I'm using the .NET libraries and RabbitMQ 3.1.0, Erlang R16B

would love to minimize this and know which ones are the best strategies
when creating a connection that must last a lot of time.

Thanks.