[rabbitmq-discuss] plugin development on Windows - possible?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Aug 29 10:33:31 BST 2013

Hi,

On 29/08/13 07:03, Isosceles wrote:
> I'm getting conflicting information on whether it's possible to
> compile/build RabbitMQ plugins on Windows with cygwin. Some posts claim
> it's totally doable while others say it's out of question because of
> filesystem conventions and escript behavior on Win.

At the time of writing the released plugins cannot be built by Cygwin
from within the public umbrella repository due to the reasons you list.
You might be able to work around those issues or build your plugin using
your own build infrastructure.

If you have a choice then opt for a Unix/GNU platform (such as Linux)
where the existing build infrastructure will work.

-Emile