[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Management HTTP API historical samples question

Наиль Салихов aflaed at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 08:35:04 BST 2013

Hello, in documentation in section about historical samples there is
sentence — "The end of the range returned will always correspond to the
present", but API does not return me actual information about message total
count, for example:
*
http://localhost:15672/api/overview?columns=node,queue_totals&lengths_age=600&lengths_incr=100
*
*response:*

{
"queue_totals": {
"messages": 65,
"messages_details": {
"rate": -0.4,
"samples": [{
"sample": 65,
"timestamp": 1377761000000
},
{
"sample": 88,
"timestamp": 1377760900000
},
{
"sample": 108,
"timestamp": 1377760800000
},
}

But last element in samples array doesn't correspond to present, if i use
less length increment, the information will be more accurate:
*
http://localhost:15672/api/overview?columns=node,queue_totals&lengths_age=600&lengths_incr=1
*
*response:*

{
"queue_totals": {
"messages": 53,
"messages_details": {
"rate": 0.0,
"samples": [{
"sample": 53,
"timestamp": 1377761059000
},
{
"sample": 53,
"timestamp": 1377761058000
},
{
"sample": 53,
"timestamp": 1377761057000
},

}

How I can get info about queues messages count for last N seconds including
real-time information?