[rabbitmq-discuss] Keeping idle connections alive in EC2

slash neilbriancastro at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 14:28:20 BST 2013

Michael Klishin-2 wrote
> slash:
>
>> I tried setting the connection parameter heartbeat_interval to both zero
>> and 3600 and also the socket_timeout to 1860 seconds
>
> These are pretty high intervals. Have you tried setting heartbeats to,
> say, 20-30 seconds?
> --
> MK

> signature.asc (506 bytes)
> <http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/attachment/29115/0/signature.asc>

Thank you Michael!

I haven't tried setting it to those numbers but I've tried several
combinations including NOT specifying any of those parameters. The reason I
set those numbers high is on the belief that they will keep my connections
alive longer before timing out.

Nonetheless, I will try those figures you suggested.