[rabbitmq-discuss] Header exchange filtering on Int32 numbers

Miller Andrew Andrew.Miller at sentry.com
Fri Aug 23 17:10:08 BST 2013

I have a header exchange setup, with a durable queue bound to it with a blank routing key, and a single argument of "SourceEventCount=2", where 2 is specified as a Number.  When I publish to the exchange from the .Net client, if the SourceEventCount header value I add is an Int32, it doesn't get routed to the queue.  It only works if I cast the header value to an Int64.  Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

RabbitMQ 3.1.3, Erlang R16B01, .Net client 3.1.0

This e-mail is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please tell us immediately by return e-mail to Email. Control at sentry.com and delete the document.

E-mails containing unprofessional, discourteous or offensive remarks violate Sentry policy. You may report employee violations by forwarding the message to Email. Control at sentry.com.

No recipient may use the information in this e-mail in violation of any civil or criminal statute. Sentry disclaims all liability for any unauthorized uses of this e-mail or its contents.

This e-mail constitutes neither an offer nor an acceptance of any offer. No contract may be entered into by a Sentry employee without express approval from an authorized Sentry manager.

Warning: Computer viruses can be transmitted via e-mail. Sentry accepts no liability or responsibility for any damage caused by any virus transmitted with this e-mail.