[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-c and network problems

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 21:19:25 BST 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Haster <haster2004 at yandex.ru> wrote:

> I use rabbitmq 0.3.0, and there is no yet method
> amqp_login_with_parameters.. Is there any simple method to add this
> functionality? And if not how can I realize it by myself? Should I use some
> thread that will periodicaly send some specific method to server and get
> anser from it or?

My recommendation is to upgrade rabbitmq-c to v0.4.0. While it is possible
to implement AMQP heartbeats from a client program, it requires in-depth
knowledge of the AMQP protocol, the innards of rabbitmq-c, and likely will
break when you get to the point of upgrading to v0.4.0.

> And now I check below usage case:
> 1) start server (I use old version version 2.8.6)
> 2) start consumer and start reading loop (befor this I have called
> basic.consume method)
> 3) kill rabbitmq server
> As a result I don't receive any errrors and my reading thread works as
> befor.
>
> Even without heartbeat support, the library should eventually error-out in
amqp_simple_wait_frame() when the socket is closed. There might be a few
messages in the client-side network buffer that will end up being consumed
by rabbitmq-c before it detects that socket has been closed.

-Alan