[rabbitmq-discuss] Deleting queues doesn't cut connection?

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Fri Aug 16 13:51:49 BST 2013

Haster:

> I connect to rabbitmq server, and start loop of reading messages from some
> queue.

Can you post your code? Do you use a loop with basic.get or subscribe
for server-pushed deliveries using basic.consume?

> After that I kill this queue on server -> but select function on socket
> doesn't return any errors.

Removing a queue does not close the connection.

> And If I create this queue again - I won't receive any messages (I try push
> messages to queue from WEB interface)

This may mean a channel exception that your client or app code somehow
swallows. See RabbitMQ log, all channel exceptions will be logged there.
--
MK