[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ clustering with SSL

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Fri Aug 16 09:57:37 BST 2013

On 15 Aug 2013, at 20:10, ramviv.123 at gmail.com wrote:
> I installed the latest 3.1.5 and the server comes out fine with no custom config or env file.  When I put the config filei above, it works as well with clustering working.  When I setup the env ffile the rabbitMQ server of the primary node always hangs and the secondary node always timesout trying to connect to the other host.

The second node your starting is exhibiting behaviour consistent with the first node not being up. What exactly do you mean by "the primary node always hangs" though?

>  There is not much info in the logs either.  We change the env file above to use only one boot file which was created as described in the erlang documentation.
>
> SASL_BOOT_FILE=/usr/lib/erlang/releases/R16B01/start_ssl
> SERVER_START_ARGS=" -proto_dist inet_tls "

You're using inet_tls_dist - are you sure all the relevant ports are open between both machines? What about the various ssl_dist_opt settings - I can't see any of these in your SERVER_START_ARGS, and without at least the server_certfile being provided, won't the distribution mechanism fail to work? Also, can you try it without overwriting the default start_sasl boot file (which is a bad idea IMO) but instead just adding `-boot /path/to/ssl/boot/file' instead?

Cheers,
Tim