[rabbitmq-discuss] Tornado Consumer example problem

Priyanki Vashi vashi.priyanki at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 13:20:49 BST 2013

Hi There ,

This might be very basic error but since I am trying to use Tornado
connection for the first time, help on this would be appreciated.

I was trying to use Tornado consumer example given on following pika site.

https://pika.readthedocs.org/en/0.9.13/examples/tornado_consumer.html

I am running into following error. The example is with URL connection
method.
But I also tried to use hostname and port method as well as tried changing
to IP address instead of hostname but still it's the same error.

I have pika 0.9.13 library installed. My consumer & Producer works fine
with select.connection method so I believe library is correctly installed.

Do I need to do something additional to get tornado connection working for
both producer and consumer with pika?

Please suggest.

mq1 at mqserver1:~/Producer_Receiver/Latest$ python tornedo_c_1.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tornedo_c_1.py", line 357, in <module>
    main()
  File "tornedo_c_1.py", line 351, in main
    example.run()
  File "tornedo_c_1.py", line 326, in run
    self._connection = self.connect()
  File "tornedo_c_1.py", line 59, in connect
    adapters.TornadoConnection(self.parameters, self.on_connection_open,
stop_ioloop_on_close=False)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Best Regards,
Priyanki.