[rabbitmq-discuss] Message sending/receiving overhead.

Pavel Kogan pavel.kogan at cortica.com
Wed Aug 14 16:40:44 BST 2013

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry didn't answered before, I was on vacation.
Yes I am using prefetch = 100. I am using JAVA and .Net clients. I am not
sure about message size but it should not exceed 100kb.
What I saw in .Net client is that publishing message takes time - indeed
few milliseconds but my whole processing is also few milliseconds.
Moving publishing to separate thread with blocking collection interface
helped a lot. Now I am not sure about polling requests from queue ...

Regards,
   Pavel