[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP library APIs

Gordon Sim gsim at redhat.com
Mon Aug 12 11:36:16 BST 2013

On 08/09/2013 07:54 PM, Alan Antonuk wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 4:25 AM, Gordon Sim <gsim at redhat.com
> <mailto:gsim at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>         I've been involved in the c++ AMQP client (qpid::messaging) at
>         Apache Qpid. The ability to integrate with external event loops
>         and a more complete model for asynchronous control flow would be
>         the key things I would change. Also providing more detailed
>         information about the status of outgoing messages.
>

> Could you expand on what kind of information you would want about the
> status of outgoing messages?

Basically the ability to determine which asynchronously sent messages
are accepted or rejected (or indeed potentially have the ability to
associate some other statuses with them). Right now qpid::messaging
allows you to track the acceptance of messages, but rejecting messages
can really only be handled be ending the session (whereas it would be
nice to merely indicate those that weren't accepted but allow the sender
to continue).