[rabbitmq-discuss] shutdownCompleted is not called when queue is deleted

jchappelle jchappelle at 4redi.com
Sun Aug 11 22:03:14 BST 2013

Thanks for your response.

I was closing it because I wasn't sure if the channel and connection were
alive and healthy so it was just to be safe.

Since posting this I have started using Spring AMQP which allows me to
configure retry behavior and focus on my business problem. If anyone in
future comes across this thread I highly recommend the Spring AMQP
framework. The RabbitMQ java client is already pretty good in that you don't
have to write much code, but Spring AMQP certainly adds a lot of power for
very little effort.