[rabbitmq-discuss] stomp and message headers

Matwey V. Kornilov matwey.kornilov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 15:40:48 BST 2013

2013/8/9 Emile Joubert <emile at rabbitmq.com>:
> On 07/08/13 11:58, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:
>> I do can send message with header 'message-id', and see it on web-page
>> by means of stomp.js. My rabbitmq is 3.1.3.
>
> Adding a "message-id" header to a "SEND" frame cases an error frame to
> be sent back to the web-stomp client. The error is also recorded in the
> broker logfile.

I've sent message through AMQP, and received through STOMP. Apologize
my imprecision.

> It is not obvious what the string representation of a floating number
> should be. E.g. both uuencoded and base64 encoded versions of the binary
> representations will work also. The STOMP adapter cannot make this
> choice.

I understand that there is no bijective relation between AMQP types
and STOMP types (UTF8 string). The point is that when I have AMQP
ecosystem and then add STOMP client (for instance to deliver messages
to web-pages), it becomes second-class citizen. The headers are just
silently dropped, headers in messages coming from STOMP-plugin are
received in longstr representation, and there is no way to somehow
customize its behavior. Instead of that I have to modify whole
existing ecosystem. That is sad.

--
With best regards,
Matwey V. Kornilov