[rabbitmq-discuss] C++ client options

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 19:10:07 BST 2013

As Petr mentioned: all of the C++ libraries listed wrap rabbitmq-c.  The
major difference I see between the the different libraries mentioned is how
well they handle asynchronous events. rabbitmq-c doesn't provide a lot of
support API wise for dealing with async events like basic.deliver, or a
channel.close as a result of a basic.publish failure.

SimpleAmqpClient tries to make some of the async bits more synchronous at
the expense of performance. As far as I can tell the others listed don't do
much in the way of error handling at a protocol level.

My (biased) opinion is to use SimpleAmqpClient.  That said, you should
evaluate the API and the performance of the library and see if it fits your
needs.

Full disclosure: I'm the maintainer behind both SimpleAmqpClient and
rabbitmq-c

-Alan