[rabbitmq-discuss] 2 Node Cluster Configuration becomes unresponsive

Alexandru Topliceanu alexandru.topliceanu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 09:20:50 BST 2013

Hi,

I have the following setup:
- 2 ubuntu 12.04 machines with rabbitmq v3.1.1 linked in a cluster
- one durable queue, policy HA, default exchange binding
- 2 producers
- 3 consumers
- both workers and consumers are implemented in node.js using node-amqp

The problem is that it sometimes happens that messages are pilled up in the
queue but no longer forwarded to consumers.
I don't know what is causing the jam!
Restarting the consumers doesn't fix the problem.
All I could do so far is to restart the cluster. This causes all the
messages to be lost (why? they should be durable)
Luckily I'm able to lose messages for now, but there must be better
configuration for persistence and availability.

Thanks very much for your help,
Alex